Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cheesy

Last weekend was on orgy of too much meat, too much wine, and too many rich sauces. I had to calm things down with more veggies and more fruit juices. I appear to have fallen into an illicit affair with cheese. I feel like I'm discovering it for the first time. After a life time of cheddar and Swiss (I won't even mention the non-food, non-cheeses like American and Velveeta) I am discovering a world of cheeses. Literally around the world with Italian Fontina, French Brie, Spanish Mantegna, Swiss Gruyere, and English Stilton. I can't get enough, goat milk, sheep milk, cow milk, doesn't matter. I've been eating cheeses baked into casseroles, smoothed on crackers, dipped into fondues, or just smooth, tasty little buttery tidbits popped into my mouth to really savor the true unadulterated flavors. I'd love to get some recommendations as well as recipes for all these cheeses I can't stop buying! (No kidding, at the checkout in the grocery store the other day, the cashier said, 'and here's your bag of cheese ma'am.")

No comments: