Monday, March 28, 2011

Green Pineapple

Today my morning juice was a recipe of fresh pineapple, red and green grapes, and spinach. I'm finding that a little bit of alkaline vegetable juice cuts some of the acidity/sweetness of my fruit juices for a nice balanced and fresh flavor. I usually use celery for this effect, but I've been experimenting with fresh spinach and I like how it mellows the juices. Most of the recipies call for half a glass of juice and the rest water, but I haven't been doing that. The impact on my colon results in a laxative effect. I'm not sure if its because I'm consuming too much fruit juice or what. I'm only drinking one glass a day. I plan to go on experimenting with my new juice book. I also walked with weights yesterday at the mall. My plan is juice for breakfast, raw at lunch, and vegetarian or vegan at dinner. I'm trying to make a plan that is workable for me, without feeling deprived. I find my morning juices are a great way to start the day.

No comments: