Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daily Routines

My daily quiet times have been fabulous. I've been working on a two hour regimen to start each day off productively. I start each morning with quiet meditation. During this meditative time, I light a candle and incense and breath deeply. I read from my Bible a bit, and then move on to journaling, which has been a long time practice of mine (since I was about 18). I read from my affirmation cards, then a chapter from an inspirational or self help book. Right now I'm reading Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now." When my quiet time is complete, I write 1-2 pages on the book I'm working on. This is followed by my exercise regimen. I do yoga one day, aerobics with weights the next. I hope to keep up this simple regimen into the new year. I enjoy my mornings so much more now. It starts my day on a positive path.

No comments: