Saturday, October 3, 2009

Books that want me to write them

When I grow up I want to be a writer. These are the books I want to write- so far:
  • a how to guide for homebirth
  • a book that encourages African-American women to breastfeed
  • a book that tells healthcare professionals how to encourage African-American women to breastfeed
  • a book that chronicles my families recipes and matriarchs over three or four generations
  • a book for healthcare providers on giving appropriate care to African-Americans
  • a book of ideas on how to teach OB nursing
  • a book of my poetry (or two or three or four...)
  • an interracial romance (or two or three or four...)
  • many more as yet unknown to me, but soon to be revealed
Like a pot simmering on a stove, these books bubble up inside of me and threaten to spill out onto the written page, so everyday, I write just a little bit.

No comments: